Learn about this medical specialty and the family medicine services provided.
Family medicine physicians are trained in all major medical areas, allowing them to care for you and your entire family, from prenatal care through care for the elderly. A physician with board certification in the field of family medicine is a medical doctor who has completed three years of a family residency program, met the eligibility criteria specified by the American Board of Family Practice and successfully completed a cognitive examination.
We provide a full range of family health services for children and adults, thereby eliminating the need to consult separate physicians. We emphasize disease prevention, the family as the unit of care, continuity of care and appropriate, cost-effective health promotion.
Our scope of medical care includes:
- General check-ups for infants, children, adolescents and adults
- Gynecological exams, contraceptive assistance and pap tests
- Dermatologic care
- Asthma testing and treatment
- Injection therapy for carpal tunnel, heel pain, tennis elbow, arthritis and bursitis
- Walk-in clinic for established patients
- FAA (Federal Aviation Authority) physicals
- Other primary care services